Question with a new purchased Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by littlekenneth, Mar 16, 2008.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi,

I just got the 500g tc today from the apple store. I was excited with my purchase. When I setup the unit, I have found so many problem getting it to work. However, I was able to manage it after hours of playing with it.

Now I have problem with the connection using airwave in my room. I put the airport in my living room, which is about 15 steps walking distance from my room. it's not too far away. I have problem getting consistent signal. sometimes i get 4 bar and sometimes i get 3 bar. I am using 5g N and I have a macbookpro that I bought 2 months ago. it does support 802.11n.

Is there ways other than moving my airport to another location to strengthen the signal? Thanks a lot

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I was noticing the same issue with my TC. It's in my office and I use my MBP in my living room, (which is not far apart and no reason for the signal dropping) I went and bought an Airport Express, plugged it in in my living room and extended the wireless network. Solid now.

That's what I did, there might be another reason for the signal dropping like it does on the TC and maybe someone else will comment about that.

Peace:cool: