Question with the paint around my keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by littlekenneth, Jan 25, 2008.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a question with the paint chipping around in between the keyboard and the mouse pad. I wondered if anyone know how to take out the rest of the paint on the rail in between the mouse pad and the keys. Please give me advise as it is really annoying to look at the paint chipped. Thanks a lot for your help.

2. onelesscar macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro is losing paint in the gap between the keyboard and mouse pad as well.

I think it took some time for the paint to decompose because it doesn't all come off as easily. Maybe heat or oil from fingers contributes to it's
    I can scratch more of it off with a fingernail. I want to find some small hard plastic to scratch it all off, hard getting in that slot. About a third of it is gone already, unevenly. It won't look too bad when it's gone.

Was the paint added to match the colour of the keys/etc?

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Time to take it to AppleCare?

This really shouldn't be happening.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I though the aluminum was anodized, so this shouldn't happen.

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It is. And for some reason Apple thought that an additional paint job would set things right. So you're right with regards that this shouldn't be happening. It shouldn't be happening because Apple should be selling better quality products.

6. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

The part just below the keys is painted plastic, not aluminum.

Mine started to chip and peel off on all three of the MBPs I've had, just below the cmd and arrow keys. I'm buying a separate keyboard for this one.