question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kairylim, Apr 7, 2012.

1. kairylim macrumors newbie

i want to ask that if new macbook pro with Intel's Ivy Bridge CPUs release,will other macbook pro or macbook air CPU update to Intel's Ivy Bridge CPUs also?or just the new release macbook cpu will change?:confused:

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

They will all be updated to Ivy Bridge, MacBook Pros, MacBook airs, everything.

3. Bear macrumors G3

Your question is a bit unclear as to what you're actually asking.

When Apple releases new MacBook Pros with IvyBridge processors, the current models will become old models and not have any changes to them.

The same will be true for the Air, iMac and Mini as new models for them are released.

The new models will be spread out, partially because Intel is not releasing all the IvyBridge processors at once.

4. kairylim thread starter macrumors newbie

that mean if macbook pro update to Intel's Ivy Bridge processor recently,and if i want to get a macbook air with Intel's Ivy Bridge processor,i need to wait for the new macbook air release?
    mean that old model of macbook air still remain the same processor and not update to Intel's Ivy Bridge at the same time the new macbook pro release?am i right?

5. simsaladimbamba

Yes, that has always been this way and will continue to be that way.

6. kairylim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer.:)