Question !

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andreibutilca, May 2, 2012.

1. andreibutilca macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding my iPhone 4S, running iOS 5.1 and iTunes syncing.
    I run apps that send me daily/specific notifications (like iStudiez). They usually work fine, but as soon as I decide to plug in my phone for a periodic iTunes sync, some apps stop giving their usual notifications (as soon as the next day) and I usually have to start tweaking and messing around with iOS and app settings to get things back working again.

My question (TL;DR): does a common everyday iTunes sync with an iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) affect in any way the way apps give me notifications?

Thanks!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

3. andreibutilca thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer!

In this situation, is there any other possible cause of why some of my apps stop sending notifications all of a sudden?
    Note: switched from a 3GS recently, also upgraded iOS, had the problem sincer forever. Might be specific software bugs, having nothing to do with the iPhone and its OS?

Thanks.

4. andreibutilca thread starter macrumors newbie

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I can't see a reason for why this would be happening and I have never heard of such an issue happening. No offence, but are you sure you aren't imagining it?

6. andreibutilca thread starter macrumors newbie

Offense taken . :p
    Yep, I'm sure this is happening. Had like 4-5 assignments in a week, never got notified about them, nearly missed them. Had to manually check the app if anything got missing.
    I'm really tired of manually doing things, you know, that's where the Notification Center should come in and like..do stuff on a stable basis without me having to come in and tamper with settings?

7. andreibutilca thread starter macrumors newbie