Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krafty, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Ok, I'm planning on getting a 1Gen iPhone if I can find one around $300. But I have a question: I am a big texter, and of course the iPhone isnt meant for that and whatnot. I've tried looking for a decent priced phone other than PDA's like the enV and AT&T has nothing. I even asked this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=512144

But as always, 90% of the time no one answers my questions (lets see about this one).

So, is there a program or something in the Installer that can make it so when you go to SMS and turn the iPhone sideways, it switches to the horizontal keyboard?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

its hard to see how easy and quick it is to text on the iphone until you have one
    but afaik there are no sms apps for horizontal texting

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You mean the horizontal keyboard? No. As far as I know, it's not in firmware 2.0, either.

4. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

(OMG 2 REPLIES!)

Yeah, that. So there's no plans for one?

I have the touch, but I'm really used to using QWERTY.

5. rudolf macrumors member

The iPhone's keyboard is QWERTY.

6. mpw Guest

Maybe try giving your thread a snappy, yet informative, title:p
    (although you managed to get my attention with this one... you cunning swine)

For The Joy of Text, try a Nokia E90 Communicator; fully featured with an awesome horizontal qwerty keyboard and larger screen than the iPhone for viewing what you're typing. It's not locked to any network, but is a little pricey.

7. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I mean horizontal. I like using two fingers.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=512144
    What was wrong with that title? And people view it, they just choose to say nothing.

I keep trying.

Which is another issue. The enV is the only great phone that reasonably priced.