Question :)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BigJohno, Sep 11, 2008.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Ok so Iv hit the limit of my region code for my dvd drive and Apple said they can't do anything about it. So do you guys know if I reinstall osx would that reset the region code? I don't want to do it but I dont know any other option.

Second question is if I reinstall osx can I just hold down option key and make itunes see my old files and playlist?

Thanks

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

a reinstall WILL NOT help it out, its a hardware issue.

try downloading region X to see if that can help you out (probably wont bceause youve reached your limit).

im afraid you might be stuck.

if you reinstall osx, make sure you do an "archive and install". this will preserve all of your music, documents, user settings etcetc.

:)

3. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Would I just have to put a new dvd drive in?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

tht would do the trick. bloody expensive though!!

5. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    To the best of my knowledge the only way to fix this would be to flash firmware, which is extremely dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

6. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

I dont understand has no one ever had this happen. How does someone go about fixing this???

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

because people arent silly enough to let this happen. once you set the region code your not supposed to change it.

as the poster above said, you could flash the firmware. be prepared for something to go wrong though and for something and/or void your warranty

8. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

I took the risk with my old 12" powerbook and flashed the firmware of my dvd drive. It went fine and wasn't complicated.