Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dongadrew, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dongadrew macrumors member

Hey there guys but I just have a quick question I wanted to ask I just upgraded my old phone(really old) to an iPhone at the beginning of September. I haven't use any of the apps that require to go online Safari,Youtube,email,etc........ because I don't know if it will cost me money. So I was wondering will it cost me to go online with my iphone even though I using my wireless network to get on?

I'm with Rodgers btw

Thank you

2. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

no it wont cost money to go online when connected to wi-fi. to check how much data you have used go setting-general-usage and scroll down. This will show you the data you have to pay for(from Rogers). Wi-fi does not go towards the usage stats

3. dongadrew thread starter macrumors member

^Thanks, also would downloading apps be free to if using the app store from the iphone?

4. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

the app it self may not be free. but if downloading over wi-fi the data needed to download it is free. if not connected to wi-fi it will cost money.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you could clarify a thing or two about Rodgers; do you have unlimited data with R? If you don't have unlimited data, what is your download limit? So, basically anything over your limited data plan will cost you how much? $.01 per kb? :confused:

6. dongadrew thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the information Hazza really helped me out really a total noob :p
    No I didn't get a data plan at all and I not too sure how much they charge you,but here is some info on Rogers data plan.
    http://your.rogers.com/business/wir...siness_plans.asp?plan=dataservice&cat=2&typ=2

7. dongadrew thread starter macrumors member

One more question guys they can't charge me too if I use a WiFi hot spot right? Cause and my college they offer hot spots through out the campus.

8. rioja macrumors regular

You won't be charged by Rogers for using wifi. The only charge you could get would be if the wifi at your campus requires a credit card to access it, then they charge you accordingly.

Again... nothing to do with Rogers.