Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I ordered my iPad Pro from Best Buy and received it Wednesday. When it arrived I saw the packaging it was shipped in and it had me really worried. I was expecting the white Apple iPad box to be in your typical brown cardboard box, like most packages, with those big bags of air to protect it. But nope, it was shipped in a thin bubblewrap bag. When I opened it up, the white box had some dings and dents, including one pretty decent one on the corner. Hell, the bag even had a hole in it.

Thankfully the iPad seems to have survive the trip. But still, why would you think a bubblewrap bag was the optimal choice to protect an $800 device? Anyone else have shoddy packaging with their online orders?

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
i ordered the 128 gray lte from bby and received it last thursday. it was shipped in a durable, double walled brown cardboard box. the apple box was inserted into these two wedge thingys (my technical term--kinda like how a printer is shipped) with no damage at all. solid, sturdy shipping from ohio here to LA...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.