Questions about a problem with my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djejrejk, Jun 7, 2007.

1. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Hello all,

I have had my MBP (c2d 2.33) for about 4 or 5 months. I have already replaced my battery and now I am noticing some rust / corrosion on the notebook in the indention where the magsafe adapter connects to the notebook. I also have some pitting near the keyboard on the case and some major bowing on the side where the button to release the top (when it is closed) is located. Both of the latter problems have been present for a while now.

I have an appointment to talk to a genius about all of this, but I have a few concerns and I was wondering if anyone else could answer my question. If I take it in, and they give me a new computer on account of the corrosion, would they give me the current revision or give me the older revision that I have. Do apple stores still have my revision in stock?

Im not trying to get a free upgrade, I am just concerned that If they give me a new model that they might try to give me the cheaper model with the 128mb video card which will not work for what I do.

Has anyone else had experience with any of this or could anyone offer advice when talking to the genius?

**edit** Do they charge to transfer data to a new computer in this situation?

Thanks

2. JaredWickerham macrumors member

the store in columbus just shipped out theirs this morning to send to apple. yours may still have them though. they would probably give you the 15'' 2.4 because it's equal to what the 2.33 version was when it was out.

That's just my $0.02

--Jared
    www.endeavorphoto.com

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

They'll just repair it. You wont get a new one. Unless the whole computer is defective.

4. djejrejk thread starter macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

good point

Well, they would have to replace the top and bottom of the case and the peice that connects the magsafe to the battery... thats pretty major.

5. dusanv macrumors 6502

They replaced the LCD, hinges, keyboard and top of the case on my PB under warranty (two different incidents) so don't get your hopes up.

I don't see how Al alloy can rust. Can you take pictures?

6. djejrejk thread starter macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I will post something tonight