Questions about a recent MBP purchase.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kitzuki, Oct 16, 2012.

1. kitzuki macrumors regular

kitzuki

I currently bought a 15 inch Mbp from Micro center which is this model

I gave my 2011 macbook 13 to my cousin which i liked but my main issues with it were the speakers and the screen res which bothered me the most.

So we have a possible 13 retina coming out the would fix that possibly but the thing is i got a deal at microcenter getting that getting that laptop for a total of $1125w/tax my return date ends on the 22nd of this month and the conference is the 23rd.

I'm not sure what I should do and I kind of have a bad taste in my mouth spending about over 2k for a latop after what i got From Sony with the 2010 Z I bought so the r15mbp is not in my current sights.

Specs on my current model
    Originally released October 2011
    15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Hi-Res antiglare widescreen display, 1680-by-1050 resolution

4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

We have no idea what the price is going to be, though presumably its going to be under 2k, just because the 13" MBP typically is cheaper then the 15" model.

If you really want the 13" retina display then return your current MBP. You're not going to see a huge performance difference between your Sandy Bridge laptop and the new Ivy Bridge laptop. The major difference is going to be the retina display in a 13" form factor.

You opted for a 15" laptop after owning 13" model. Why did you move to the 15" model and would the reasons for such a move still exist even with a reitna 13" MBP?

If you think you want the 13" retina mbp then return your current machine though there's no guarantee we will see a 13" rMBP on the 23d

3. kitzuki thread starter macrumors regular

kitzuki

That's the issue however a bunch of sources are saying we will see one...But then again a bunch of sources said last year we would see a black alluminum mac book :p

The reason I bought the 15 in was because of my cousins birthday but what i was going to get him was the 2010 model for around 999 ended up getting a better deal and just giving him my old mbp the things i did not like as stated in the first post were resolution and the speakers were not loud enough

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say roll the dice and return your current one and then wait and see. If it the rumors do not pan out then you can start looking for another refurb though you'll be without a laptop unless you have another computer to fall back on