Questions about ADC discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eksplosions, Oct 22, 2008.

1. eksplosions macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone on the forum, new member though long-time stalker of these boards.
    I'm a senior in high school looking to buy his first Mac for college. I'll be buying it over the summer but I figured I'd throw this question out there now anyway.
    I was planning on buying a MBP with the education discount but sadly they lowered the benefit by a whole $100. While I hope it returns to normal by the summer, I'm not holding my breath. What I would like to know, if someone maybe had dealings with this, if I were to join the ADC Student program, would my discounted MBP purchase come with a rebate for a printer as well? Only asking because it's something else I'll be needing and money is tight when schools run upward of $50k/year.

Back to filling out the Common App... >_>
    Thanks guys

2. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

One thing you may not realise is the ADC discount is for one hardware purchase per lifetime... so once you have bought your MBP you can't use the discount ever again (in theory).
    We don't get the printer thing down here.. is it a student only thing ? If it is student only then I don't think you would get the rebate as you use a separate ADC store http://store.apple.com/us_adc_38839

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

adc

you will not get the rebate one the printer. The normal student discount is 100 on the low end mbp and 200 on the high end. the adc price is 1599 and 1999 plus the 100 membership fee. you must be 18 to join the adc. and send in your schedule and student id. buy applecare from the normal edu store it is cheaper.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

Try amazon for the applecare instead of the edu store

5. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

if money is tight buy refurb or from amazon/macmall so you don't pay tax and buy applecare on ebay.

6. eksplosions thread starter macrumors newbie

All right, thank you, that sounds good. And yes, I realize it's once per lifetime but I'm only going to be a student for 4 years anyway so I might as well use it :) I can't enter that think you posted but the printer rebate is given with non-student discount purchases too I think. But it's not a big deal, I mean 1599 + 99 = 1698 so even if I buy a printer it'll be cheaper than the student discount price or the 1839 I could get with my mom's corporate discount. I don't plan on getting another iPod so it's likely that the promotion won't be a big factor for me, either.