Questions About Apple Authorized Service Providers

Discussion in 'iMac' started by beeinformed, Jan 2, 2013.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a 24 inch 2009 iMac computer that does not start up at all (black screen) and an Apple senior advisor that I have been working with for a while, has set up an Apple authorized service provider to come to my home and take my computer back to their location to run diagnostic hardware tests on it as well as replace parts that don't work.

Has anyone ever taken their iMac computer to an Apple authorized service provider to have them run diagnostic hardware tests as well as have them replace any parts?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/comments on my question! :)

2. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I live near Medford, OR, and the nearest apple store is in Portland, OR (Several hours away.) I brought my iMac to the authorized service provider, just were able to look up my applecare.

My iMac had just turned off, and wouldn't power back on. They diagnosed it to a power supply, and fixed it. I was told that my hometown had "dirty" power, and I should get a UPS. Anyway, I took it home, hooked it up, and about 15 minutes later it died again. This time, they replaced the logic board, and it has worked for the last year or so without issues. Still haven't bothered with a UPS yet, I think that was a convenient scapegoat

Overall, it went fine, although if a real apple store was an option, I would rather take my computer there to be worked on by the manufacturer (since it was under warranty.)