Questions about Apple notes app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ghost31, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

So I've been using notability for awhile and have been trying to use apples notes app ever since I got my iPad pro but there are ALOT less features and I'm not sure if I can even do a few basic things.

Like when I'm writing with text, can I change the font? And when I make folders for separate notes, can I move the folders around? reorder them?

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Surprisingly (or not, more likely) you cant do either of those things in Notes for iOS. You can on a Mac and hopefully now that Apple has started to show renewed interest in Notes for iOS they'll continue to improve it.

Until then, stick with Notability if those things are important.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i'd love to use apples notes app more, but compared to 3rd party apps its so basic and un-usable. the biggest gripe for me is mixing sketched and text. impossible. then, how about going back later to edit sketches? again. not good.

it's ruler things is genius. fabulous. wished other apps used it too. but that alone doesn't make up for the losses unfortunately.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i would add in it's favour though, out of all the Pencil enabled drawing apps i've used so far, the stock Notes app gives the best physical pencil sketching experience by a country mile in my opinion. looks and feels and operates like nothing around. pencil sketching with it really is real.