Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plastictrees

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
So the Apple store here as decided to replace my macbook because of constant hardware issues. The guy at the store said i could upgrade it but never really went into details. Anyone know how the process goes? I kind of want to upgrade to the middle level macbook or the black one. (Currently had the lower tier macbook) Does anyone know if this is possible?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
They will most likely replace it with whatever comparable model they have available, however, if you have been there several times trying to get things fixed, they may upgrade it for you.

It probably would hurt to ask if you can get the mid-model ...

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
They will replace it with whatever is equivalent (or the next higher one) in price to what your model retailed for. If you want to upgrade, you'll have to pay the difference.

plastictrees

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
well they've already agreed to replace it and i told the guy that i would like to upgrade it. He said it was fine but I was just wondering how the process works and how much I have to pay for it.

plastictrees

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
They will replace it with whatever is equivalent (or the next higher one) in price to what your model retailed for. If you want to upgrade, you'll have to pay the difference.

ah ok thanks.
Now i have to decide if i want to pay 200 for the mid level or 400 more for the black mac..decisions decisions..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.