Questions about AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmclark, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Jmclark macrumors regular

So I went to Verizon today to order my iPhone, and they gave me the lectures about how I need a case (which I'm ordering online, $55 for a case my ass) and insurance. They showed me two options, both of which were like $150-250 for two years, with a $150 deductible. I declined both because I heard that AppleCare+ was $99 with $50 deductibles.

So I just had a few questions about AppleCare+, since I've never had AppleCare before. Is it basically $50 for any time I need a replacement iPhone? And when they say accidental damage protection, what does accidental cover? Broken screens, water damage, etc?

Thanks.

2. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You get 2 accidental replacements, both are $49. I'm assuming the accidental damage covers everything.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Just purchased Applecare+ on the phone. Don't bother going to the Apple Store, VZ, AT&T or Sprint b/c they don't have the physical boxes of Applecare+ and they are all under the impression that you CANNOT get AC+ after you've purchased the iPhone 4S/4. So I showed them the email that I got that takes me to the online Apple Store with the date of November 14th, to purchase AC+ if you bought the iPhone 4/4S on/after October 14th.:cool:..

4. ijohnbro macrumors regular

be nice if they knew what in the hell is going on wouldn't it? Sometimes to get anything done you have to look into it and do it yourself. Sad World

5. Jmclark thread starter macrumors regular

So wait, what exactly do I have to do to get it if I buy my phone at the VZW store?

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok I lost you , what did that story have to do with the op? :confused:

7. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

the only benefit of carrier insurance is if you lose your phone. I believe applecare+ does not cover lost phones. You have to physically return the iphone to them from my understanding.

8. njgeek macrumors regular

You either have to get it at VZW when you buy the phone, or call AppleCare before November 15th and tell them VZW never gave you the option.

9. fhalasz macrumors newbie

Do due diligence on your insurer

If your insurer goes out of business, you have no insurance. Duh.

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Thanks for the story time grandma... Jk

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Yea cause apple ain't doing to well lately :rolleyes:

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

And if Apple goes out of business, insurance on an iPhone is kinda moot anyway.... :cool:

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Actually you should read the fine print... when you buy a insurance from Best Buy or Circuit City back in the day they were backed by an actual insurance company. I believe Best Buy used AIG. So if the store actually closed down you'd still be covered by the actual insurance company.

I don't think insurance companies go "out of business" they mostly get bought out and their "clients" get migrated to the company that bought them out. Much like banks.