Questions about AT&T contract type, and canceling preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swamyg1, Sep 12, 2014.

1. swamyg1, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

swamyg1 macrumors regular

I ordered 2 phones through the Apple Store App:
    • iPhone 128gb 6 Plus with a 2 year agreement for $399 (Oct 13th to 20th delivery)
    • iPhone 128gb 6 with 2 year agreement for $649 (can pick up on 9/19)
    - The 6+ was added to an AT&T account with expired contract.
    - The 6 was added to an account with 1 year left on the agreement.

I want to cancel one of the phones I ordered, because I haven't decided which is the right phone for me! I have a few questions:

1. Unfortunately, I did not look as much into Next as I should have. I used this calculator today and realized Next is a better value for me http://attcalc.com/next/#calculate. Am I able to change over to Next?
    2. If I decide to keep the iPhone 6, am I able to swap contracts or change the contract type to Next so it's on the line with the expired contract?
    3. Can I pick up both phones at the apple store, try them out, and return and cancel the new contract on the phone I don't want (within 14 days)?
    4. When is it too late to cancel online orders? I'm considering camping out on launch day but I would need to cancel at least one of preorders if I'm able to get a phone at the store.

I feel like I might be better off just canceling both orders and camping out? I would have made several threads but I thought that would be annoying for you guys! Thanks for the help!

2. tangfish macrumors member

tangfish

I'd love to know how to cancel my order on att.com too. Seems to just lead you in an infinite loop.