Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taylorloehr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I currently have verizon wireless and I am considering getting an iphone. Before I switch services I have a few questions.

1. If I get the $70/month 450 min plan with 200 TXTs for $5, and I do not go over my TXT limit in any given month and i use a lot of data, does this mean my bill will be exactly $75/month or is there extra fees that will jack up my bill?

2. Can somebody clarify for me on how At&t will charge me for my first bill? (the whole 'month in advance charge')

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
with any service provider, you're going to see miscellaneous taxes that will increase the monthly bill, and you also have to count in the initial $36 activation fee.

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
If I get the $70/month 450 min plan with 200 TXTs for $5, and I do not go over my TXT limit in any given month and i use a lot of data, does this mean my bill will be exactly $75/month or is there extra fees that will jack up my bill?

It will be over $75 due to various "rate adjustments, taxes, surcharges" and the like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.