Questions about buying at Apple Store....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jmanstk, May 26, 2008.

1. Jmanstk macrumors member

All right, in about 2 weeks im traveling to an Apple Store to get my very first Mac, a Black Macbook to be specific (Unless of course they update them at WWDC). I plan on going June 14th, the day after WWDC is over lol, anyways. I have a couple of questions about buying from the Apple Store.

1. Do they generally have a lot of Macbooks in stock? Anyone know if i call they can hold one for me?

2. Can i still get the education discount on the macbook, applecare, and iWork 08'? I will not have my ID card for college yet, so can i just take my acceptance letter or something?

3. If im getting the education discount, can someone else pay for it with a credit card? (As i dont have one and do not want to carry around $1800 in cash, plus my mom wants the points on the American Express lol)

Thanks in advance for responses!! Cant wait to become part of the Mac World!!

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

**taken from online store disclaimer

Barring a major update, they should have plenty BlackBooks in stock at any Apple Retail store.

3. Jmanstk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot! Answered all of my questions, i was worried my mother would not be able to use the card for it. I will probably call the day before i go anyways seeing as how the nearest apple store is 2 hours away, and i'd hate to get there and have them tell me they dont have any lol. Thanks again!

4. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

i just bought a 2.4 BlackBook that will be 2 weeks old on the 29th. It was a GREAT investment and I absolutely love it. Let me recommend a ScreensavRz from RadTech.us and some port protectors. You'll love those 2 accessories. A BT apple mouse probably wouldn't hurt either. Enjoy and be sure to post here about your experience and if you run into any questions.

5. Jmanstk thread starter macrumors member

Oh i will be sure to post right after i get it!! lol here is my list of things to buy when i go: Blackbook, AppleCare, iWork 08', BT Mighty Mouse, Apple Remote, and a case of some sort. I will look into the port protectors and screensaver as well! I've been waiting forever to get this thing, June 14th cant come quick enough :(. Thanks again!!!

6. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

I could suggest a bag as well... I'm using a Booq BP3. Though that model is no longer available, anything that company produces is EXCELLENT. Check them out at booqbags.com. If you decide you do not like the bag, at least look at the Vyper sleeve by them. Look for something by Targus if you can't find a bag by Booq. The SLAM is nice in the Targus line. You may want to go ahead and purchase your accessories from RadTech and a sleeve/bag so they'll arrive the day you bring it home, you'll want to begin using them the day of... especially the screensavRz because the oils that transfer from your fingers while typing on the MB keyboard is obvious... you'll want to protect the screen from these smudges.