Questions about buying Macbook Pro with Retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HaruAoki, Oct 23, 2014.

1. HaruAoki macrumors member

HaruAoki

Hello,

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and it's been giving me some problems, I was wondering about upgrading to the Macbook Pro with Retina display is there much of a performance jump between the two models ? and is there any news about new Macbook Pro with Retina display coming out soon or is it say to buy one now ?

Do you know if the Macbook Pro with Retina display have any issue or does it run smoothly, I have kinder had a bad experience with the macbook pros so I'm just making sure Im ready to put the money into a new one.

Anyway thanks for reading my post and I hope you all have a great say.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a 2012 rMBP, and found it to work well, I think you may see a nice bump in performance between the 2014 and the 2012 models.

It all depends on what model you're considering, i.e., dual core, vs quad core, and Iris vs Iris Pro. Add on the fact of your usage needs, what will you be running.

If you're just surfing and checking emails, then the performance difference will be less, since that's more dependent on internet bandwidth then raw processing power.