Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
I love the look of the (midnight blue) leather loop and i am doubting to buy the official Apple one. I have used a fake/non-oem leather loop almost exclusively for a few months but it was starting to really wear off on the sides and the fake leather was getting loose near the adapters.

I was wondering if anyone has used the official Apple leather loop extensively for a longer period and how it's holding up. Thanks for your answers.

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
I love the look of the (midnight blue) leather loop and i am doubting to buy the official Apple one. I have used a fake/non-oem leather loop almost exclusively for a few months but it was starting to really wear off on the sides and the fake leather was getting loose near the adapters.

I was wondering if anyone has used the official Apple leather loop extensively for a longer period and how it's holding up. Thanks for your answers.

I've had a leather loop for about a year (I got it in June last year), and I noticed this week that it is actually wearing quite badly.

The leather has worn away at the side, and it is staring to come away at the end of the band. At the moment it still sits flush with the metal when I'm wearing it, but I don't think it will stay that way for long.

I think I probably only have another few weeks of it still being useable.

dcell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Thanks for sharing your information. I think i'll pass on the leather loop. For that price i expect better durability. Maybe not forever but at least a few years. A year is too short for me even though i know it can vary from person to person how it will hold up.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing your information. I think i'll pass on the leather loop. For that price i expect better durability. Maybe not forever but at least a few years. A year is too short for me even though i know it can vary from person to person how it will hold up.

My experience has been completely different. Bought the leather loop with the watch when it first came out (over a year now). I have worn it probably 75% of the time and switch it out occasionally. Mine still looks like new. Absolutely no concerns with the durability of the leather loop.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I wanted a LL but I have a 38 mm watch. I'm thinking about getting one from Amazon or eBay. Anyone have any recommendations?

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I have both a genuine LL (stone) and a clone (midnight blue). The midnight blue started to break down after wearing only a few times. It still looks fine and for $20 it wasn't too bad, but not great.

Now the genuine stone leather loop is one of my favorite bands and one of my most worn bands. My work has my hands constantly banging on stuff and the band gets pretty dirty. I will say that overall the leather loop has held up pretty damn good. There are a definitely signs of wear, but it is the type of wear with genuine leather that adds character, as opposed to my fake LL where signs of wear mean its breaking apart. It cleans up pretty well and has held up better than I expected. I am very happy with the band and the price I paid. If i got another leather loop, i would definitely get the genuine one.

I personally would recommend the LL. Fwiw, i have owned and worn the band/watch since it first came out last year.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
It cleans up pretty well and has held up better than I expected.

I realize this is an old thread, but how do you clean your leather loop? I just bought an Apple LL from Best Buy and I am wondering the best way to keep it clean.

TxWatch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.