Questions about exchange/replacements

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Sep 14, 2010.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2010
    I have serious proximity issues. I haven't tried the latest update yet so I'll give it a serious chance, but afterwards if it's still a problem can I exchange it?

I don't want to do it in store cuz the people that work there... well... I've seen horror stories here to say the least and my experience has been less than satisfactory. I would want to do it by phone. Will they send a new (or refurb new) one to me and then I can send the old one back?

If they send a refurbished unit, is it basically new? Is the case/glass new? I don't want something someone else has "used" basically. I don't care if the circuitry inside is refurbished, probably a good thing, but I want a new case.

Will I be able to easily restore the phone back to exactly the way it was by just syncing it with iTunes? Or do I have to reinstall every single app etc..
  2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Oct 18, 2009
    Belfast, Ireland
    What horror stories are these? Most of the posters on here who go to the genius bar end up with a replacement device, so it's your best bet. Not sure what will happen if you try it over the phone.
  3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    You know the only place I hear people complaining about apple CS? On these boards, probably because most of the people lie and try and cheat the system. If you're honest and have a real problem and aren't just trying to scam them, you'll be fine.
  4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

May 29, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

+1... I've heard nothing but nice things about the Apple store reps.
  5. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2010
    Ok but assuming I just want to go through phone service can anyone answer the other questions
  6. cypher23 macrumors member

Dec 25, 2008
    I'll try to answer your questions.

Hope that helps.