Questions about eyetv hybrid for macbook pro????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbcollins93, Dec 23, 2008.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

By the 1st of the year i will be a proud new owner of a new macbook pro. Currently i have a older dell so it will be like switching from a volkswagen to a corvette. My question is will elgato eyetv hybrib be suitable for playing xbox 360 on the laptop. Can it play xbox live. games like call of duty 4 and 5, halo, 3 and bioshock? I just want basically a review of this item, I have seen many videos of people on youtube playing the 360 useing eyetv hybrid, but none are playing online, and that is what i do most. so that is my biggest worry.
    any help will be appreciated.
    thanks

2. T10HJS macrumors member

I have an eye tv and haven't tried hooking it up to my xbox yet, but if you can play the xbox through it i don't see why online game play would be any different?
    One thing i have done though which may be of interest is taken my xbox with me to work hooked it up to a works tv and used my macbook to receive wireless internet then shared it through an Ethernet cable to the xbox, was really easy to set up as well.

3. mbcollins93 thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

Yeah i am not 2 worried about not being able to play online all i am worried about is if there would be lag or delay. if there is a 1 to 3 second or more delay i would get killed a whole lot.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It shouldn't be any different than hooking your Xbox up to a TV.