Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dnkbro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
I currently have an iPhone 3Gs. My iPhone 4S is coming in the mail. I plan on using my iPhone 3Gs as my iPod and my iPhone 4S as my phone. I have about 20-25GB of music and apps that I don't necessarily want on my new iPhone.

Should I make two iTunes libraries and manage them separately (one for my "iPod aka iPhone 3Gs" and one for my new iPhone)? Or should I just sync stuff separately? Also, how would this affect iCloud?

I'm really lost. Any help is appreciated.

Mymacwill

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
I currently have an iPhone 3Gs. My iPhone 4S is coming in the mail. I plan on using my iPhone 3Gs as my iPod and my iPhone 4S as my phone. I have about 20-25GB of music and apps that I don't necessarily want on my new iPhone.

Should I make two iTunes libraries and manage them separately (one for my "iPod aka iPhone 3Gs" and one for my new iPhone)? Or should I just sync stuff separately? Also, how would this affect iCloud?

I'm really lost. Any help is appreciated.

Same here, i just use playlists to manage my differnt idevices, also to keep my wife's music off mine. yuck!:cool:

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
It seems that in either case there's some work to be done, but just leaving your library alone and synching them separately would be easier and less likely to screw things up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.