Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sesshomaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
I got my itouch not long ago, it a 2nd gen with firmware 2.2.1

there are some question i want to ask before hacking, please help

1. will all the app in my itouch be gone if I hack it?

2. if all the app do go, will I be able to restore them with itunes ?

3. after it's hacked are there things that i can't do any more, like downloading app from the app store?

4. is it possible to restore it back to the original?

5. what are the chances of the itouch breaking in the process of hacking, and is there a way to fix it?

6. will there be any problem after hacking?

thanks

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
1. will all the app in my itouch be gone if I hack it?
If you do a full restore before jailbreaking everything will be gone but you can restore a backup after for contacts or just sync them back over

2. if all the app do go, will I be able to restore them with itunes ?
See above

3. after it's hacked are there things that i can't do any more, like downloading app from the app store?
You wont be able to take it directly into an apple store or to a genius bar in its jailbroken state. It voids your warranty.
You will be able to download off the AppStore using your normal details, nothing will change there.

4. is it possible to restore it back to the original?
Just hook it up to iTunes and hit restore

5. what are the chances of the itouch breaking in the process of hacking, and is there a way to fix it?
Chances of 'breaking' it are very slim. Unless something like a lightning bolt hit your house and shot down the power cables into the iPod it should be fine. I recently thought I'd bricked my iPod but managed to get it going again after some searching around

6. will there be any problem after hacking?
I hacked my first 3G iPhone 2 hours after purchase, I hacked my new 3GS the instant I got it out the box and my iPod was done pretty much the same day as well. I've never had any problems and would recommend it to anyone looking for that extra something.

sesshomaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Thanks for the help,

Is there a way to make a copy of the backup, and every else in iTunes?
I'm using vista

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.