Questions about hardware upgrades.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ' r i S e n, May 21, 2011.

1. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

A couple of general questions/requests.

If I were to acquire extra RAM and an SSD, would I be able to bring it to an Apple Store or something to have it installed? I am a bit confused on that subject because I have read that it is easy to do yourself (although I would be too paranoid to) but I have also read that your warranty can be voided simply by unscrewing the back of your laptop. If I am able to take it to an official Apple location, is there a fee or anything in upgrading assistance?

Also, could someone please link me the best reviewed or generally best SSD (I would assume in all sizes) and 1067MHz DDR3 2x4 RAM sticks if it's not too much trouble? I have a late 2010 13'' MBP model.

Thanks everyone.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I may have asked something similar before - I think it was about upgradeable parts - as in which parts I can actually upgrade.

Just wondering this time if it is appropriate to do it myself, sorry if it's excessive or repetitive on my part. Just really trying to get my knowledge up and do my homework as much as I can before jumping into things. : ) I appreciate the help, though.

4. simsaladimbamba

If you are not clumsy, and have taken a look at the guides I provided to you, then you can definitely do it yourself. With the right tools it should not take longer than ten minutes.

5. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds good - I am going to make an attempt most likely once I get all of the money together to make a few purchases.