Questions about Incase 15" sleeve...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnthrMacUser, Jun 21, 2010.

1. AnthrMacUser macrumors newbie

Hey fellas..

I just bought a 15" neosprene incase sleeve for my 15" macbook pro. I've come to see that it's a little snug. Like my 2010 macbook pro is a little wider than the case. I got it at best buy just now like 10 minutes ago. Is it like that for you guys? Or should I return it and get the ones from the apple store? Or are they all the same? Are they made to be tight like that? I'm amusing so to protect the computer but I've youtubed a lot of guys who bought the same one but theirs just slips right in (I think). Anyone have the black incase 15" sleeve for their macbook pro that is 15"? :)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

2. charlien macrumors regular

I have a new 2010 MBP and an incase sleeve. It was pretty tight at first but now it fits like a driving glove. I never had to push hard really but it was snug. I bought an incase hard shell and that made the MBP too big to fit in the sleeve. I took the shell back.

3. husker2010 macrumors newbie

my 15" sleeve fits my 15" mbp just fine. it's somewhat 'tight', but fits just right around the mbp. The sleeve is definitely wider than the mbp. Are you sure you picked up the right size? Did someone put a 13" sleeve inside of the plastic holder for a 15"?

I ordered mine from the apple store though.....:apple:

4. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I went back to best buy and they put their i5 macbook pro into the sleeve and it was the same as the way I put it. They claim it's the 15" but I'll keep the receipt and check out my local apple store to see if it's the same. The apple store ran out of stock on the black incase sleeves so I decided to check out best buy. They have it but I have a feeling they switched it and kept claiming it's 15". So I'll definitely check it out when apple have more in stock. Hopefully I can return that incase if not, I'll sell it online. :) Thanks fellas.

5. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically it needs to be stretched? LOL

6. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Had the same issue with my incase canvas sleeve. Thought it was a bit too small, but it stretched out.

7. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'll just wait til apple have more in stock at the store and check it out. If best buy ripped me off. I'll return it.

8. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

9. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

Best Buy tried it with their i5 2010, it was pretty snug like he forced it into the sleeve and claim that it's 15" so I took it home and kept trying. So I'm thinking I should check out apple store when they have it in stock in a few days when I give them a call to see if they do. And compare? If best buy rip me off, I'll just return it. 100% of youtubers I've seen, theirs just slide right in without any effort of forcing it in. So I guess it's a 13" sleeve yet best buy kept on saying it's 15". I'm confused so yea.

10. puma1552 macrumors 601

unless things have changed, last i checked incase was too lazy to update their sleeve for the unibody and everyone had like an inch of extra material on the inside

11. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I just spoken to an apple representative on 1800myapple he said its cos the one from best buy isn't Incase Sleeve PLUS for the newer macbook pros. The ones the have on the sites are incase sleeve plus. Basically I bought one from the apple site since a gentlemen there bought his there too. I might as well go the apple way :) Thanks guys for your advice and insights :D