Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcapz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
A friend of mine has an iPhone 2G and had all his information backed up on a computer that is no longer working anymore. His pictures and songs that were uploaded via iTunes on his old computer are only now stored on his iPhone 2G. He recently upgraded to the iPhone 4 and now needs help getting the songs and pictures off his old phone to his new phone. His old phone is still functional but not active.

Is there an application for Windows that can take all the songs and pictures off his iPhone 2G and upload them onto his new computer??

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
A friend of mine has an iPhone 2G and had all his information backed up on a computer that is no longer working anymore. His pictures and songs that were uploaded via iTunes on his old computer are only now stored on his iPhone 2G. He recently upgraded to the iPhone 4 and now needs help getting the songs and pictures off his old phone to his new phone. His old phone is still functional but not active.

Is there an application for Windows that can take all the songs and pictures off his iPhone 2G and upload them onto his new computer??

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but he should just be able to sync his 2G via iTunes with his new computer. I mean, he DOES have iTunes on the new computer, right? Surely, because otherwise he won't be able to activate his iPhone 4

Then activate the iPhone 4 and use the backup from the 2G

I went from a 2G to iPhone 4 with this exact method.. it made my iPhone 4 exactly how my 2G was, even down to the texts and recent calls, etc..

jcapz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but he should just be able to sync his 2G via iTunes with his new computer. I mean, he DOES have iTunes on the new computer, right? Surely, because otherwise he won't be able to activate his iPhone 4

Then activate the iPhone 4 and use the backup from the 2G

I went from a 2G to iPhone 4 with this exact method.. it made my iPhone 4 exactly how my 2G was, even down to the texts and recent calls, etc..

He is able to sync his 2G to his new iTunes but what happened was his backup only contained the text messages, contacts, the songs purchased from iTunes, some pictures that were taken by the iPhone, and the apps purchased. The backup didn't contain songs uploaded to his old computer from CDs and old pictures that were saved on his old computer uploaded from digital cameras.

So what he needs is an application or software that can take what is saved on his old phone(2G) and upload it onto his new computer. There is a software that I have used that can take songs off ipods and upload them onto a new computer but is there one that can do that for pictures and songs from an iphone to new computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.