Questions about iPhone 5 and onavo and wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by angelbunny1623, Dec 19, 2012.

1. angelbunny1623 macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 5 yesterday and made sure to download the onavo apps to save on data usage. I did this on my old iPhone as well and saved a lot on my bill. However, on my last iPhone, onavo's VPN symbol was always on the status bar. On the iPhone 5, I have to reset the VPN almost every time I turn the phone on. Will Onavo still work and save me data even if the VPN symbol is not showing? I have also heard some horror stories from those who upgraded to iOS 6 and have exorbitant phone with mysterious charges bills at the end of the billing cycle; I would like to avoid this. I have a conservative data plan because I am on wifi 95% of the time, but when I leave certain rooms in my house the wifi signal drops at random.

2. OneThatKnows macrumors newbie

Hi, Onavo DEV rep. here :)
    Onavo kicks in whenever it identifies a data connection. The VPN notification may well disappear when there is no ACTIVE 3g connection, but should reactivate as soon as such connection is initiated.

If this is not the behaviour you experience, please don't hesitate and contact our support team by tapping the 'Get Help' option under Onavo settings.