Questions about iPhone4s coming from Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Oct 9, 2011.

1. GadgetGeek407, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I have everything Apple at home, never got an iPhone cause always had sprint, just ordered for the whole family, i have some questions,

1. is it true that city and state will show for numbers not in contacts?
    2. on my dads att iphone4 when he gets a call from his contacts the name shows but no number, can this be changed and show number?
    3. how many calls can the call log hold?
    4. is there a way to have groups in the contacts native or through an app but which can allow me to edit and add to that group through the phone and will it sync with my contacts accordingly? ex: i add a new number to my business group with the name Mike, will Mike sync to my contacts backup as being in the business group?
    5. being on CDMA with Sprint, can I still add as many calls and add to calls as att customers on iPhone can?
    6. is there a flashlight app?
    7. how come there is no Facebook integration in the phone? I am SO use to taking anything and adding it to Facebook through the phone
    8. Is there an app to change my ringers and add different ones for free?
    9. How much space does it take up if I have lots of apps?
    10. is it easy to send contact info of a person in the contacts while on the phone?
    11. Will Siri work while on a call?
    12. Will there be a distinction between iphone4 and 4s in terms of external casing to tell them apart?
    13. In text messaging, is there a way to send one text to say 3o people and it send separately instead of all in one thread? how about the same for MMS? I ask this cause last week my sister sent a pic to all of us and than when my dad replied to it from his iPhone we all got the reply! SMH
    14. is there other apps for texting and disable the stock app?

I am sure I will have way more so will add them as they come to me

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Nope, will look the same as the Verizon version...

This will be sure to piss off the spoiled brat's of the yuppies who want to show off how they have the latest and greatest. How will they feel better than other people with an iPhone 4 now? :p

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

With diamond encrusted cases. :p

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

A lot. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, you can have more than 64GB of apps. Depends on how many you get and how big they are.

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Yes, this is true. It show on the lock screen when they call, as well as in the Phone.app when you look through the recent calls.
    As far as I know, you cannot.
    A lot, I've never seen anyone fill it yet
    I don't think you can explicitly have groups. You can have one contact for your business, and have all of them as different numbers though. With iOS, there's an option for "Custom" so instead of just "home" "mobile" "work" and the other standards, you can type your own.
    I'm not sure if this is a CDMA or Verizon issue, but the Verizon iPhone 4 cannot. I guess the only way to tell is to wait and try it. Alternatively, try it with another Sprint phone. If it works on your Android phone, it'll work on the iPhone.
    Is this a serious question? There are hundreds of flashlight apps, a majority being free :p
    iOS has Twitter integration instead. The Facebook app has an option to sync contacts, but nothing from Apple.
    There's no app for the iPhone that does that, but you can add ringtones in iTunes, which will sync to the iPhone. You can pretty much convert any sound file to an iPhone ringtone. They're just renamed AAC files.
    It would be hard to fill up 64GB. It's definitely possible, but it all depends on the app. Most aren't that big, but some games and GPS apps can get up to a gig or two each.
    Yeah, but not through email until you're on WiFi with a CDMA phone. You can select to send it via MMS though, if that works while on a call with CDMA. I'm not sure if you can send MMS while on a call, but if you can, it's easy.
    No, probably not. But this won't be known for sure until the iPhone 4S is actually out.
    Depends. The GSM iPhone 4 looks different, but the CDMA model is identical to the iPhone 4S (both CDMA and GSM).
    I don't think so, unless you message them all individually. I didn't know that it does reply all though, I've never tried that.
    If you jailbreak, there's BiteSMS. There are also other ones that don't use the carrier and will assign you a different phone number. There are no apps on the App Store that let you send texts with your normal number though.
    I hope I answered everything!