Questions about iSync with Mot RAZR V3 GSM

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Digitalcutter, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Digitalcutter macrumors newbie

Hi-

I just bought a Motorola Razor V3 (GSM) and my MacBook does not add the device when I try to use with iSync.

I only purchased this phone because the APPLE SITE told me me it was compatible ...

I've been seeing a lot of people talk about conecting via USB but shouldn't the phone have come with one? I don't have one and I don't want to buy one until I know for sure that it is required...

Please let me know if I can use iSync to sync my Address Book AND iCal via BlueTooth.

if not, then can I do it thru USB?

And if USB is the ONLY WAY TO GO then what software (if any) do I need?

I'm on the Cingular (now AT&T) network and I'm running OS 10.4 and iSync 2.4.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Avi

Digitalcutter@gmail.com

2. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Are you sure the bluetooth on your phone is turned on and that it is set to "discoverable"? I have a RAZR and it works fine with bluetooth and iSync.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've done it with both of my T-Mobile RAZR's, without any trouble. Did you use the Bluetooth Setup Assistant to pair the phone with your computer first?

jW

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I have a RAZR, but my provider (Virgin Canada) has locked some of the Bluetooth capabilities so I can't sync iCal, and can't move files (pictures, ringtones) ... I can only sync contacts.

5. wngraham macrumors regular

I've had issues synching my V3 RAZR with bluetooth, buy a $2 USB>USB Mini cable.

6. Digitalcutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the RAZOR does pair with the MAC. I've actually tested sending images from my mac to the phone and back ... so the phone is "PAIRED" .... but when I go to iSync to add the device it gives me an Alert saying "You cannot sync this device with iSync."

Do I need to purchase any software with the USB cable?

7. blugrasscard macrumors newbie

i am able to transfer files to and from the phone....but unable to sync the phone

when I push the Isync button it just jumps up and down and nothing happens

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Here's what I did with my Motorola RAZR V3 (GSM) that I purchased from Rogers Wireless:

1. Navigate to your phone settings > connection > bluetooth link > ensure that Bluetooth is turned On and is set to Discoverable.
    2. On your Mac, click on the Bluetooth menu item and click on "Set up Bluetooth Device..."
    3. Click on Mobile Phone from the device type list and click on next.
    4. Enter the pairing key displayed on the screen on your phones keypad.
    5. You should then be presented with two options, one to use your phones data connection as a dial-up internet line, the other option should be "configure iSync to work with this device" or something along the lines of that.

From there you should be able to sync without an issue...