Questions about jailbreaking iPhone 4 iOS 5.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by woodymgzr, Jan 30, 2012.

1. woodymgzr macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, my names Woody and I am new to this forum! I have had my iPhone for now for a year and I am now considering jailbreaking it as my warranty is now finished. I know very little about the process and was wondering if anyone could help me understand it. I have a few questions: 1. Can you update iOS if you jailbreak? 2. Can it damage your phone? 3. Can you jailbreak without a pc and how do you do it? 4. Where do you get jailbreak apps? And finally is there a app that allows you to download free upto date chart music?

Thanks for reading and any help would be much appreciated. Woody

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

5.1 isnt out. 5.0.1 is. Little thing.

1)Yes, but you lose the JB, phone goes back to stock. 2)Nope, jsut restore to factory settings if things get squirley. No modifications are made to the phone. 3)Nope, unless www.jailbreakme.com gets an update. For now no. 4)Cydia, the new app store that gets installed.

3. woodymgzr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kre62, that's sound good. So what pc method of jail breaking would you recommend? cheers, woody

4. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

Woody,

I'd recommend you spend a few hours reading a couple of dozen threads here in the hacks forum!

Its not hard to do or to get the most out of but there is a lot of info floating about and you would be best learning as much as you can, experimenting and then asking for help if you're stuck!

5. woodymgzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I did have a look for 20 mins or so but I thought it would be easier just to ask and find out the latest information. I'm going to have a better flick through the other threads just now and see what's there. Thanks

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

redsn0w

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/