Questions about mot To MAC

KfackC

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Hello,:D
1)Have probelms to connect printer or scanner to the Mac? if yes,have a website which have printer/scanner can to connect and which can not?
2)Have a simple guide for new mac user?what I need to know when i move to Mac?Tips?
3)Where i can download software like Amule,Icq ,skpe,Messengar for mac?(have a website for download for mac?if yes,link for the website)
4)I have Xp with Sp1,I will can install in the mac(after i install boot camp) or I
need to buy Xp with Sp2?
5)where download boot camp?Have a simple guide to install XP ?
6)The software like Openoffice is free ? i can open word/PP document with the Openoffice?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
KfackC said:
1)Have probelms to connect printer or scanner to the Mac? if yes,have a website which have printer/scanner can to connect and which can not?
Almost (like 99%) certainly they will, check the manufacturers website and see if they have OS X drivers for them, if you give the models I'm sure a forum member can check.
KfackC said:
2)Have a simple guide for new mac user?what I need to know when i move to Mac?Tips?
Mac101, Switch101
KfackC said:
3)Where i can download software like Amule,Icq ,skpe,Messengar for mac?(have a website for download for mac?if yes,link for the website)
try www.versiontracker.com, or the software makers website (eg, http://www.skype.com) you will want Adium or aMSN instead of MSN Messenger from MS as the Mac version is crap.
KfackC said:
4)I have Xp with Sp1,I will can install in the mac(after i install boot camp) or I
need to buy Xp with Sp2?
You can slipstream SP2 onto the disk, i'm sure others can help more on this.
KfackC said:
5)where download boot camp?Have a simple guide to install XP ?
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
KfackC said:
6)The software like Openoffice is free ? i can open word/PP document with the Openoffice?
Yes, but not perfectly I would recommend NeoOffice as OpenOffice is a UNIX application (basically with a bit of work, probably involving recompilation, you can run any UNIX program on a Mac), you can also get MS Office for Mac's too ;)

KfackC

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
The printer Is Hp Deskjet 5150 ? it can work with Mac?

KfackC

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Eraserhead said:
Yep, it hopefully will work straight away or if not you can get HP's software here.
thanks,
I saw in the fourms about people said that Mac is simple(easy) uses then Xp,
how it be express the easy uses?

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
KfackC said:
thanks,
How about you go try one out yourself and see first hand before making the plunge? You might not like it.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
crees! said:
How about you go try one out yourself and see first hand before making the plunge? You might not like it.
lol, i sincerely love this answer

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
bearbo said:
lol, i sincerely love this answer
Why thank you :D

It was this quote that made me think this could be a little bit of an impulse buy so-to-speak.
It's like people said it's easier, but I don't know how just yet, but I want one anyways.