Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Hi guys, another newbie here. I got an iBook G3 dirt cheap on ebay (£50) ($80) so I thought... why not? I'm kinda using it for my iPod syncing/facebook and was wondering if there are any 3d games I can get for it? I know its not a mean lean gaming PC but it's got a 700mhz G3 processor, 384mb SDRAM and a 16mb VRAM. (preferably a driving sim, but I'm not fussy :p) Also can I download some sort of GarageBand and iMovie? Thanks for the help in advance!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I really think you're expecting a bit too much. Duke Nukem 3D and DOOM are some of the few 3D games that would work on it, even roller coaster tycoon requires at least a G4.

iLife '05 is the latest version which will run on your machine, so yes can use iMovie and GarageBand on it (but don't expect too much).

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Thanks for the help! I've played Redline which has OK'ish graphics and runs smoothly... And I have looked into getting Doom but can't seem to find a download for Mac OS X, they tend to be for Mac OS 9...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.