Questions about my new iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Q-Collective, May 14, 2017.

1. Q-Collective Suspended

Q-Collective

Just wanted to ask :

Is the iPhone slow in focussing during low light situations? I was at bar with friends and it would continuously refocus while trying to take a pic.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Yes. Even dedicated cameras focus slower in low light.

Even if it had locked focus chances are the shutter speed would be so long it would have been blurred and the ISO would have been cranked up to max causing a "grainy" image.

3. Q-Collective thread starter Suspended

Q-Collective

It just kept refocusing every few seconds. Otherwise it works perfectly during normal light.

The camera had stopped adjusting focus via the default camera app. But that was fixed with a reboot. I'm assuming fixed via a reboot indicates a software issue and not a hardware. Am I right?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I do not think anything is wrong with your camera except your are expecting too much in lower light. It had to be pretty dark for it to hunt focus as I have taken some low light images and it focused fine but took longer.

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Congratulations on your new iPhone 7...

I have a kind of OT question... Samsung uses adaptive fast charging. Therefore the charging brick that comes with the Galaxy S7 or S8 is this brick. If you were to charge an iPhone 7 with it would it charge the iPhone faster ... Like similar to what an iPad charger does to your iPhone?

6. Q-Collective thread starter Suspended

Q-Collective

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it takes time in low light. It would sort of focus twice in low light to get it right and I thought that wasn't normal.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The Samsung charger will not harm the iPhone as it is the phone that regulates the charge rate. How much faster I do not know. I use a iPad charger to charger but phone and ipads ay my house.

8. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava