questions about new... iphone 2.1 & itunes 8.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ladyofluck, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ladyofluck macrumors newbie

w/ iphone 2.1, can you still ......
    -save photos in safari?
    -use custom made ringtone?(ones made just via itunes; under 40 secs)
    -still wallpaper-able w/ any pictures?

w/ itunes 8.0....
    -can you still do ringtone making trick?(converting to acc, then changing the extension of a file)
    -does it support more video files to convert?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    all in all, i'm just curious of what you can do, or what you can't do anymore after the updates.

so, please do tell me anything about the updates, that changed on the iphone, and itunes. thx :)

and should i uninstall my just previous itunes and then install new itunes 8.0? cause i'm using Win XP.

2. ladyofluck thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and does it save battery even if...

i'm not using 3G? or is the new firmware just saving battery from using 3G?

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe you can still save images. You can still use custom ringtones. Yes you can still use any picture for a wall paper, so long as it was at one time loaded onto the phone (my desktop hasn't actually been on the phone in almost 3 months).

Yes you can still make ring tones. I don't know what you mean? I could always convert MPEG2 and any QT compatible files to my iPhone. If you mean AVI's or WMV's you still have to use VLC or another program to convert those to a real format.

TEG

4. ladyofluck thread starter macrumors newbie

so it's basically the safe upgrade, and doesn't kill off any existing features?

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Why would it. Apple had learned that people will do whatever they can to make ringtones, so they would not disable them in iTunes.

TEG