Questions about new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jkramb, Aug 1, 2008.

1. jkramb macrumors member

just got a new MBP and have questions. instead of creating a bunch of threads i thought i would just open one thread and ask questions as they arise. How do I delete bookmarks that are already on safari?

aslo, what do i do to get the equivalent of a right mouse click?

2. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

For the right click, press both of your fingers down on the trackpad. You may have to go to system prefs, keyboard and mouse, then click trackpad first.

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

In safari, click the small book button in the leftmost side of the bookmarks toolbar... when the BMakr organizer opens, you can drag/drop/delete them!

You have the control+click option or you can enable the two finger click option in your 'Trackpad Preferences' from System Preferences! After this you can simply place two fingers on the Trackpad (like when you scroll) and click for a right click!

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

right click (not for trackpad): System preferences, keyboard and mouse, mouse. there should be a way for you to add secondary click (right click).
    right click (for trackpad): System preferences, keyboard and mouse, trackpad. Enable two finger right clicking

to delete a bookmark, open safari and open the bookmarks (menu bar, bookmarks, show all). you can just select a bookmark and hit the delete key.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Bookmarks on the menu bar -> show all bookmarks
    Delete from there

Right click = 2 fingers on the pad and click
    (you may need to set this up in system preferences->keyboard/mouse->trackpad)

Edit: too slow again! Damn, it's 3:30 a.m. here! Good job!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

how do i take the library of my 80 gb 5g ipod that i was using with windows and put it on my new mbp and ipod touch. i really don't want to have to reload all of my cds.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

you can google 3rd party software that will let you do this from your iPod

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Mac 101 a tour of the Mac OS X
    Apple Support search Apple Support and the Knowledge Base
    MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a good idea before posting new questions)
    How to set up a quick right-click search of the MR forums.
    MacRumors FAQ
    MacRumors Rules
    MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
    A list of the MR Forums (so you'll know which forum is best to post a new question)
    Apple Find Out How
    Apple Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can find lists of essential applications here and here and here.

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Oh yes.... Welcome to the Brotherhood!:D

rest everything as GGJStudios said above! We'll help you as much as we can!:D

10. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

i'm trying to register my applecare plan, but there was no piece of paper in the box with a registration number like there was apparently supposed to be. any ideas?