questions about Piel Frama cases for 3G/3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jacobgaul, Aug 29, 2009.

1. jacobgaul macrumors regular

this is to the owners of the case from PF. DONT REPLY if you DONT OWN one of these cases

(im sure there will be a few trolls who do)

ok im looking at getting one of these cases done, my concern is it only calls for 2 card slots, can you actually fit more then 1 card per slot? i have 4 cards i always carry, will the case support them?

also how is the fit?/quality/cutouts? is everything where it should be.

is it difficult to make a call/take a call with this case?

do you regret your purchase? the case is on the higher end of the price scale so i want honest thoughts.

thanks in adv.

2. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I bought my first Piel Frama (flip style with snap closure) about a month ago when I bought my new iPhone 3GS. I carry four cards (two per slot) and the cards fit fine but snug.

There is even room for a little bit of cash in a "third" slot behind the cards (not big enough for a card).

The fit and finish is what you would expect from a higher end case and the leather is exceptional. The access ports and camera holes all line up perfect and easy access to the sleep/wake button, vibrate switch and rocker switches.

I liked the case so much I bought two more of the same style in Black and in Tan (the first one is Green).

The case is easy to use to take and make calls or to use one of the many apps I have installed. The top flips back and will lay flat against itself if you want.

Sometimes it is the only thing I carry. I don't regret my purchases one bit.

Good luck to you...

3. jacobgaul thread starter macrumors regular

im looking into getting the custom 3 color one with the magnetic flap. does the magnet effect the signal at all? thats good news that you can carry 4 cards total. :) guess ill be ordering one.. sucks that it has a 20day wait because its custom but ill be the only one to rock it in this area. its all i plan to carry im going to put my coach alligator wallet in the dresser :)

4. OhioLefty macrumors regular

Careful with the magnetic closures on cases with the 3GS, the magnets will mess with the built-in compass and will affect some apps that use the compass for a bearing or reference. That's why I went with the snap closure.

5. jacobgaul thread starter macrumors regular

snap case it is. lol. im wondering how durable the white leather is.. i want to do a white/light blue/navy blue combo just worried it'd get dirty easily.

6. OhioLefty macrumors regular

One other thing about the magnetic closures is Piel Frama does not recommend putting a credit card in the first slot (close to the magnets) because it could deactivate some cards or mess up a magnetic strip. must be some pretty strong magnets. Another reason I went with the snap closure. Better safe than sorry.

7. jacobgaul thread starter macrumors regular

would it be possible for you to post pictures of your case from every angle? im having a hard time coming to grips on spending $154+ on a case for a phone that i will probli only have for another 10 months

8. OhioLefty macrumors regular

Here are some pictures...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope these help you with your decision...

9. jacobgaul thread starter macrumors regular

must be a girl yes? looks like a girly color.. hmm i dont know if that case will be right for me the more i look at real world pictures of it. did you order directly from piel or did you find it from a reseller?

10. OhioLefty macrumors regular