All iPads Questions about pre-ordering an iPad at John Lewis

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MartinAppleGuy, Oct 22, 2013.

1. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I am planning on pre-ordering 2 iPad 5's. I wish to get them a John Lewis. Has anyone had a past experience with pre-ordering iPad's at John Lewis; what is there stock like, do they run out quick, do they do pre-ordering, does the pre-ordering start when Apples does?

Please answer :)

2. MandyAW92 macrumors member

My general experience with anything to do with John Lewis is that you get either a high quality product and a massive wait (for delivery), or a damaged device that next day

3. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

AFAIK John Lewis doesn't do preorders. When iPads were first released they didn't have any in stock for ages and I'm not sure if that's changed subsequently.

You could always try ringing them and asking!

4. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I've never pre-ordered at John Lewis, however I would suggest that you go for the pick up in store option if you can rather than delivery. That way you can, if desired check your purchase is ok before leaving the store.

I may also get one from JL as they offer a free 2 year guarantee I believe.

5. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

I preordered 2 iPads 3 before launch day and picked up them up in store with no issues

6. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Was that John Lewis (just confirming, that's all)?

Thanks :) The way I see it; is that if I can't pre-order with John Lewis; I will just order when they have in stock right away.

7. pward macrumors member

John Lewis haven't done pre-ordering in the past. I bought my iPad 3 from JL on the evening of launch day - they had plenty of stock on that occasion, mind you the iPad 3 launch was well-stocked everywhere.

8. Maxinuk macrumors member

I bought 2 iPad Minis at JL after launch - due to the 2 year guarantee. Came the next day, great service - I will be buying the iPad Mini 2 there for the same reason.

9. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

So no supply issues? How soon after launch?

10. Maxinuk macrumors member

TBH I cannot remember but probably a while after as I was in no hurry - same this time, I will only upgrade if the screen quality is improved...