Questions about Premier Account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbydon, Jul 20, 2009.

1. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Ok, I was about to sign up and buy my iphone from my employers Premier account.
    But it doesn't apply any discount at all after i click the link and set up to buy the iphone...is this because im not yet registered and it will show up on my bill later? Picture is below.

I have a 2g iphone now with out the premier account and would rather just pick it up from the apple store, can i just register my account then?

Attached Files:

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Your FAN discount will get added to your bill. You won't see it whenever you sign up.

If you are signing up for a new ATT account, then you can purchase the phone at an Apple Store and then have the FAN discount added later at an ATT store. (I don't think the Apple Store can add the FAN).

If you're just upgrading an existing phone, then you can purchase anywhere and it won't make a difference because your FAN is already applied.

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Short answer is maybe.

99% of FAN customers will be able to upgrade at the Apple store or via Apple.com. There are groups that can't upgrade via Apple.

1. Select Enterprise Customers, where the business pays the bill
    2. Select Small Business that are on a specific AT&T BusinessTalk plan

OK, now that we coverd that you may be able to purchase at Apple, you can't add the Foundation Account Number (FAN) at Apple. You can do it online using this link after your account is setup or by stoping by an AT&T Corporate retail location.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

You also will not see a service discount because you currently have the original iPhone. Once you upgrade to the iPhone 3G or 3GS, you will be eligible for a service discount but in your case there is a small catch.

The original iPhone did not qualify for any service discount due to the revenue sharing arrangement with Apple. AT&T has a special SOC (N/C Feature code on your line) that is on your line to track the original iPhone and prevent any service discount on a line that has the original iPhone.

Once you upgrade, make sure that the original iPhone SOC is removed and you will receive any service discount on your voice rate plan and maybe on the $30 iPhone data plan if your FAN provides for a discount on data plans or data features.

Dave

4. GarySky macrumors newbie

To OP: No you can't do that. I think.

My $0.02. :)

5. bbydon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys,
    I am going to buy it at the apple store then take it to Att to activate it and my FAN account.
    I can walk out of apple with out activating the new iphone., right?