Questions about Pro13(2009) video card.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HKKK, May 18, 2010.

1. HKKK macrumors newbie

I've read the "Laptopmag" website recently. Regarding to the review of the Pro13(2010). I found that the Pro13 compare to the 2009 and the 2010 model, have now switched to the new Nvidia 320M video card than the 9400M(2009). The review also mention that the 320M scores more than a double compare to the 9400M on the 3DMark06.

I bought my 2.53GHz Pro13 on Jan,2010 at the Apple store in Vancouver. Which the 2010 model released in 3 months after I purchased my machine. The thing is... The "2010 model", come with many things that improved(pissed me off so much).
    Well... Money is not the matters to me because I'm a owner of a business, and I love to spend my money on the "hi-tech toys". The point I want to get this Mac in the beginning is because of the stylish look and the good feedback when I was doing my research earlier. I like small computers and I don't mind to spend alot more money to get something that I like. Or else I rather get a gaming laptop from Asus coz they have more selection-"s", and Asus are cheap.
    I would love to have an up-to-date spec(320M card) machine because my only reason of purchasing this Mac here is just for my own gaming purpose. If I don't use this machine for gaming purpose no more. This mac here will just become a piece of trash that I will dump it aside(like my 1 desktop, 1 laptop and 4 netbooks I bought within this 1 and a half year).

So now my question is... Is there any way that I can replace my 9400m to 320m? Or the 9400m is a on-board video card that I can't do nothing about it? Can anyone explain it to me in details? And I don't mind to pay if there's a certainly.

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

1.) Sell your 2.53Ghz 13" MBP, and the desktop, laptop, and 4 netbooks you "dumped aside" in the past year and a half.

2.) Use that money to buy a new 2010 MBP.

3. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Yep, that's what I did. I sold my 13" MBP low end model that I had upgraded to 4GB for $1,000. I got it with my still valid .edu discount, so I lost about $150 or so on the deal to upgrade to the new low end MBP 13".

I run Star Trek Online occasionally and the gfx card has made a pretty significant improvement. I can actually run on high settings and it doesn't come to a crawl like my 9400M did on simple tasks under "medium" graphics mode.

4. brokenrobot macrumors newbie

will 9400M play older games like: bioshock 1, orange box, mass effect?

my 2006 dell vostro laptop ran them all, it had a 2ghz core 2 duo processor, 1 gb ram, and nvidia geforce 8400m