Questions about purchasing iWork from MacApp store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Geo411m, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Geo411m macrumors regular

I just got a new 2012 macbook pro and wanted to buy the iWork suite from the app store using the gift card they gave me. Do you guys think that apple would release an iWork 12 when Mountain Lion is released making the 09 version obsolete or would it be an upgrade? I'd hate to buy it just for a new version to come out a month later.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Doubtful. iWork has fallen by the wayside. Office 2011 would be a better purchase - save your gift card for something else.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I do think there will be at least an update to the iWork apps for Mountain Lion to take advantage of "Documents in the Cloud" as demoed in the WWDC keynote. Whether that will be a free update or a whole new paid version, we'll have to wait & see.

I do agree that the suite has been neglected, but I disagree with the statement "iWork has fallen by the wayside."

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I agree, I use it as it is now, and have for years. Much easier to deal with than word (overall, and especially on the Mac). Yes it could use some work, but generally it is very solid and not lacking much so why change it?