Questions about restoring iPhone "as a new phone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by clearyjp, Aug 4, 2010.

1. clearyjp macrumors member

Just a quick couple of questions in regards to restoring an iPhone as a new phone.

1. Before I restore my iPhone, I want to back up my contacts. I assume I do this by selecting "Sync Address Book Contacts, All Contacts". The Address Book program on my Mac has no contacts in it, so I'm afraid the contacts on my iPhone will be wiped clean when it's synced.

2. What happens to all my Apps that I have purchased? I know when I restore the iPhone as a new phone, it will wipe all the Apps off, but I assume they are still there in iTunes and I can just copy them over?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

1 The contacts will not wipe clean, they will just copy over to your address book on the computer so you can sync them back thru itunes at any time.
    2 Your apps are still in your itunes library. You can sync those back also after you're done restoring.
    Same thing with your music, pics, ringtones etc...

3. dark55 macrumors member

A word of warning though. If you set your phone up as new through iTunes, your data from within your apps will not be saved.