Questions about returns...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccf, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ccf macrumors regular

I was going to exchange my iPhone5 today due to chips on the aluminum, but they were out. Going to return it tomorrow & wait until they get some in stock.

Anyway, I have a couple questions for more knowledgable folks. How do I get service again on my old iPhone after I return the other one (I'm with AT&T)? Also, I was eligible for a subsidized phone when I got the iPhone5, but will that still be the case when I get my new iPhone5 later (will the return affect that)?

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Apple will not do anything to your contract. You will just take out the sim card on the bad phone and put it in the new refurbished phone. If you completely get a new phone replaced with all new accessories, then things are different. But usually they just replace the phone with a "refurbished" phone from a white box.

3. ccf thread starter macrumors regular

4. SFGiants2012 macrumors newbie

When you say things would be different how so? Because I am receiving my replacement phone tomorrow and they sent me a retail box. I have AT&T. I am not sure if I should put my old sim card to the new one that I will be receiving or just activate the new one?.:confused: Thanks in advanced.

5. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Well, it depends how your exchange went. Most of the time apple won't send you a new phone in retail box unless you sent yours back. In that case, you would have to reactivate the new sim. If they let you keep the phone until you received the new retail box, 1, you are lucky to get that option (I didn't), 2, you can just swap the sim.

6. SFGiants2012 macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response. They allowed me to keep my phone until I received my replacement and then I will ship my current phone back to them. I was lucky enough to have gotten a retail box, I'll just swap sims then. Thanks.;)