Questions about running Windows on Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by i%questions, Sep 19, 2013.

1. i%questions macrumors newbie

1) In the rilevanti guide, I dead no Windows 8 in the listing of Windows OSes installabile on Macs: is that correct?
    2) With Windows running — among with Mac OS or alone by Bootcamp — could I use keyboards and mice which are only for Windows?

2. MJL macrumors 6502a

Windows 8 will run on recent hardware - you will need to check what Apple reports for your platform, if it will run or not. E.g. the Mac mini 2010 will not run Windows 8 but the 2011 and 2012 Mac mini will.

I run Windows 7 & 8 on two different Mac mini's (2011 & 2012). On one I use the Apple wired keyboard, on the other I run the Logitech K810 (Windows) keyboard. Function keys are differently assigned. You can use whatever mouse you prefer - I got a 3M ergonomic on one, the Kensington Orbit Trackball with scroll ring on the other. In the weekends I use OS X , during the week windows. No changes in KB or mice are required, you just have to work with the different functionality.