questions about selling a iphone 6s plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by archer75, Feb 5, 2016.

1. archer75 macrumors 65816

Other than a factory reset is there anything else I need to do to the phone so that messages or find my iphone are not locked to me?

I bought the phone on the iphone upgrade program. From what I understand all phones sold under this program are unlocked?
    They also come with applecare+ as part of this program. Is that transferable to the new owner?

And finally, can that loan to citizens one be paid off in full should I sell the iphone? I did look on my account and there's no option to pay it off or even alter the payment amount. And I didn't see anything in their FAQ about that. I can call them when I have time but it won't be until next week.

Thanks!

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yes they are unlocked. Yes ac plus can be transferred.

Yeah just restore the phone as new, making sure you're logged out of iCloud and find my iPhone. You should be good.

Yes u can pay off the loan in full.

3. archer75 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything I need to do to transfer applecare+ to the new owner or does it stay with the serial number of the phone?

4. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

It stays with the serial number. Either you or the new owner can call AppleCare and have the name changed if you want.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030