Questions about selling Macbo

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macandipodfan, Oct 23, 2009.

1. macandipodfan macrumors member

I have a 2.1Ghz white Macbook. I've still got around 1.5 years of Applecare left on it.

I'd like to sell it, then buy either a unibody or older Macbook Pro with Applecare left.

My first question: There's an extremely small crack on the top casing near the hinge. It's purely cosmetic, and the Apple genius couldn't even see it. Since Apple won't repair it, should I mention it?

Second, I bought a Snow Leopard family pack. I have it installed on 3 computers right now - the one I'm selling, and two other ones. If I sell the computer, would it be okay for me to leave Snow Leopard on there, since I have a valid version?

2. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

IMO, you should always make note of flaws and imperfections in things you're selling, especially hardware such as this. When the buyer notices this, and they will eventually, you become the jerk and this will be more problems for you. If it's as minor as you say it is, the buyer won't be too turned off about it either.

Second, yes. Why wouldn't you be able to leave it on there? It's a licensed, paid copy. The only thing you should worry about is your own personal data. Personally, if I was selling my MacBook to buy a newer one, I would pop out my hard drive (especially considering I upgraded it to a 500GB) and put in a smaller one I have laying around and then run the restore discs. This makes me feel better about any personal data I had on the machine, and also when I get thew new one I can just pop in my hard drive and have everything right where I left it.