Questions about selling my MacBook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by triple-tap, Sep 1, 2014.

1. triple-tap macrumors 6502

Hello all

I have decided I no longer need my 15" MacBook Pro (non-retina) machine. I purchased a MBA in 2013 when apple shot the battery life up to over 10 hours. As such, I haven't used my MacBook Pro for anything except a desktop since then anyway.

It is an early 15" MacBook Pro, 2.0 ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 gig HDD. I haven't had a single problem, no gpu issues, etc.

I simply don't use it for more than typing up briefs, doing some legal research, and surfing the web.

What do you think is a fair price for the unit ? I'm getting married in March, and I'd like to use the money to help pay for some of that. Thus, selling fairly quickly would be great.

----------

I forgot to mention:

I am in south florida (if that matters), and the screen is perfect. I need to wipe off the casing, but Im pretty sure there may only be very very light surface scratches if any.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.