Questions about service plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eXoBrute, Aug 7, 2008.

1. eXoBrute macrumors regular

Hi guys im new to macrumors. I am thinking about buying a iphone 3g but i need some questions answered first. My main questions is what all do i have to pay more each month when i buy the iphone?

I already have an AT&T plan that i can upgrade my phone on now. I have unlimited texts for my family. I have the family plan. I do not have any internet plan.

So are there anymore charges then having a regular phone? Also do i need to have a internet plan? Cause i dont really need it because im in a wifi zone alot.

I know it may sound a bit weird i just dont know how to ask. But basicly thats all i need to know. Thanks
    --eXoBrute--​

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

You DO need a data plan for the iPhone (there have been reports of people sneaking out of them, but for 99.9% of the users haven't wiggled out of the data plan.) And you can use your family's text plan (I do.)

3. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

Yes, you will need to pay $30 more a months for 3G data. It is a requirement. You can not use the phone with AT&T unless you pay this internet fee. Also, text messaging is not free. You will need to pay for either 200, 1500, or unlimited minutes. If you are part of a corporation that has given you an email address, you can try to get a corporate discount on your account. I get 18% off the voice plan (aka, not that extra 30 a month). Also, I get my 1500 messages for only $8.99 more a month. Thats down from the typical 15. IF you had the old iPhone, you pay like 15 more a month. If you had a regular phone, you will be paying quite a bit more. Good Luck!

4. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

ok, Thanks very much for such a immediate response. One more question, I have the unlimited family texting, Will i still be able to use that on the iphone or will i have to pay more? And do they give military discounts to the 3g data plan?

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

As I stated in my initial reply, you can use your unlimited family texts on your iPhone. I do now know about the military discount though.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unlimited Text is $20 on top of the $30 data plan you have to get. If you have family unlimited texting you don't need to get the individual one.

7. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks guys i know jeremy you dont know bout the military discount but does anyone here know about it, like how much it gives you.