Questions about setting up an iTunes account in a second country

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timmyb, Nov 11, 2008.

1. timmyb macrumors 6502

First of all apologies for the thread name - I had no idea what to put!

I'm currently studying abroad in France and have come across a few songs on the radio that aren't available on the UK iTunes but are on the French one. I have a french bank account and fixed address so assume I can set up an account for the French iTunes and buy the songs. However I have a couple of questions:
    1. Will I be able to use the same email address as I use for my UK account without creating problems for either?
    2. When I return to the UK in December I will close the bank account. Does this mean I'll have to close the French iTunes account and if so, what does that mean for the songs I've purchased?
    Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you'd have to use a different email account for the French account, if you try to use your current one it will think you are in the UK store (or the one you have it registered against). Regarding closing the account in December, I'm not sure about that, your purchased songs should still work, but you couldn't buy new ones on that account unless you funded it another way.

3. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I have a UK and a US account and I'm currently residing in southeast asia, & sometimes there are no credits to both accounts for months on end; but both accounts are very much active and my purchased songs are still all good. so that should answer your question on whether closing your bank account would affect the validity of iTMS accounts. & yes, you have to use a different email address per store.