Questions about SGP iPhone 4 Skin Guards

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Robby C, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Today I ordered the "Deep Black Leather" SGP iPhone Skin Guard for my phone.

I guess I should have done this before I jumped the gun but I thought it looked really nice...

Anyway;

1. Do they look nice on the phone in your opinion (for those that have (had) them)?

2. How is the fit with the bumper (assuming you have one), how does it look?

For those that had it, but then removed it;

3. Why did you remove it?

4. Upon removal, did it leave any residue/scratch up the back of the phone?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Los macrumors regular

I bought the black leather skin and it looked really really nice. The fit is perfect with the iPhone bumper. Just align it properly and it should blend in well with the apple bumper.

Why did I remove it? Well, the apple cutout had me thinking that the apple logo would end up getting scratch one day. Then for some very odd reason, the skin guard just shifted to the right for some odd reason. It misaligned itself, and so I had to take it off. It didn't leave any adhesive, but I figured that the adhesive started to lose it's grip so I decided to remove it altogether and instead put a sgp crystal clear on the back.

I'm thinking of getting another one because it looked nice, but I may try the white one this time. I may also leave the crystal clear on the back so it can protect the logo so I won't have to worry about that.

3. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

Thanks for the response!

I am looking forward to receiving it in the mail, I have nothing protecting the back of the phone right now.

Speaking about mail, how long did it take for you to receive yours? I'm hoping I get mine fairly soon, however I did place my order today with standard shipping.

As far as the Apple Logo goes- I have a screen protector on the front that I may take off and cut out for the Apple logo on the back and use the shield that comes with the leather skin on the front which would in turn leave everything protected.

Once again,
    Thanks for the input!

Edit; Also I think the white leather with a black bumper would be pretty sharp. My sister, however, said that would look feminine so I stayed with the black.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I use to have a white leather skin with black bumper, looked sharp. Just got tired of the fact I couldn't really use the leather skin with any cases and I missed the original iphone look so I ended up taking it off. I would suggest putting a cheap screen protector on the back of your phone then applying the skin over it, worked well for me. Good luck!

5. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

1. Do they look nice on the phone in your opinion (for those that have (had) them)?
    Yes, more classy

2. How is the fit with the bumper (assuming you have one), how does it look?
    Fits perfectly with the apple bumper or the SGP "band" cases" but even with a case you can still see the glass.
    Without a bumper there is a 2-3mm edge of glass that is not covered
    With a bumper, you can still see 0.5 mm of glass exposed

3. Why did you remove it?
    Loved the look, hated the edge of glass exposed, even with a bumper

4. Upon removal, did it leave any residue/scratch up the back of the phone?
    No residue, and can be reapplied over and over.

I would recommend http://www.carbonbumper.com/products/black-carbon-back even without a bumper its cut perfectly to fit the back glass.

Btw I would not worry about the exposed apple logo, Mine is completely flawless after all these months, since its lower than the shield its less likely to get scratched.